Whether before the date or before the conversation with the boss – in hot affairs you quickly sweat and already form embarrassing stains under the armpits.
Especially in summer temperatures sweat becomes the daily enemy of many men. This is now an end! We show you how to stay cool in any situation and keep your armpits dry.
Why do I sweat at all?
Sweat cools when it gets hot. Sweating compensates for temperature differences and helps the body to dissipate heat to the outside. Especially in warm temperatures or after a hard workout, the body needs to cool down. Nervousness and spicy food can also drive heat production in the body.
Why do you usually only have sweat patches under your arms?
In a nutshell, there are a lot of sweat glands under the armpits, and at the same time, the clothing between the arm and the torso is virtually trapped in the armpit – which means that the air can’t circulate well, moisture collects and dark spots appear.
Do men sweat more than women?
In 2010, researchers from a Japanese study found that the cooling motor starts much earlier in men than in women. But: According to current results of Australian and Japanese studies, it is not the gender but the size of the body that is decisive. For example, taller people sweat more than shorter people – whether men or women, the scientists reported in February 2017 in the journal Experimental Physiology.
Which deodorant prevents sweat stains?
Antiperspirants, for example, can help with occasional, heat-induced sweating: The preparations with highly concentrated aluminum salts are applied to dry skin and close the outlets of the sweat glands. However, the special deodorant can cause skin irritations such as redness and itching. These 3 products protect well and are still gentle on the skin:
What helps against constantly wet armpits?
If you’re always drenched in sweat, you could be suffering from the condition hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating. Then you should see a doctor. By the way, sweating is in almost all cases genetically determined and can therefore only be influenced to a limited extent.
Why do sweat stains turn yellow?
After washing, the armpits of your favorite T-shirt are suddenly yellow? The reason is a chemical reaction with aluminum salts in deodorant, sweat, skin grease and substances from detergents. This happens especially with low washing temperatures and pieces made of cotton. Synthetic fibers are not susceptible to yellow discoloration. The annoying thing: Unfortunately, you can’t get the yellow discoloration out again.
6 tips against sweat stains on clothing
So that you never have to be ashamed of sweat stains again, you should be well prepared. With these simple tips you will be protected from every sweat attack.
- Antiperspirant for dry underarms: Deodorant alone does not help against sweat. For this you need a so-called antiperspirant. This usually contains aluminum salts, which constrict your sweat pores – and unfortunately also leave white residues on your clothes. Therefore, after application, let it soak in completely, gently brush out stains if necessary.
- No sweat stains with the right clothes color: Sweat stains are seen particularly strongly on light colors. Gray T-shirts and light blue business shirts in particular are predestined for sweat stains. Better: Wear a black T-shirt or a dark shirt, on which the stains are much less visible.
- Put an undershirt underneath: Wear under your good top shirt best an undershirt. This takes the sweat and distributes it so that it can evaporate faster. The more casual the cut, the better the air circulation.
- Underarm pads soak up the sweat: Get underarm pads if you want to play it safe. These are clamped under the arms and absorb the sweat. So your shirt is spared from sweat stains.
- Drink water and stay cool: To sweat less, you should drink more. However, avoid black tea, coffee and alcohol – these promote sweat production. You should also avoid spicy, high-calorie foods, as these stimulate blood circulation – and thus also heat development in the digestive tract.
- SOS sweat alarm – dab quickly: You can feel the beads of sweat forming? Then off to the nearest toilet: In emergencies, you can dab with a dry cloth under your arms and then reapply antiperspirant. Even safer: Clamp a few tissues under your arms so that you don’t have to run to the toilet again.
Preparation is everything: If you follow our tips, you will keep your armpits dry and avoid embarrassing sweat stains. Deodorants and antiperspirants are obligatory, underarm pads can help in emergencies. All done? Then you don’t have to worry about sweat stains anymore.