One thing in advance: it is completely normal and in almost all men so that the intimate hair also settles on the buttocks and in the butt crack on the buttocks. The evolutionary meaning behind it: The body wants to protect the sensitive area from bacteria, dirt and foreign bodies.
Should I depilate my buttocks?
From a hygienic point of view, it makes no difference whether you shave your bottom or not. Proponents of a smooth bottom argue mainly that it is more aesthetic. But honestly, how often – except during sex, of course – do others see your butt hair sprouting? In the end it is a matter of taste. If you prefer it hair-free, we tell you in the following how to remove hair on the buttocks properly. You can find even more information about hair removal on the bottom in our intimate shaving guide.
What is the best way to get rid of hair on the buttocks?
There are many ways to remove hair, but not all of them are suitable for the buttocks. Often particularly hairy, but stupidly also particularly sensitive: the butt crack. Caution is required here, especially for DIY depilators. The closer you get to the anus, the more careful you should be. There are sensitive mucous membranes here, which can react very sensitively to depilatory creams, for example. Shaving and waxing are the less irritating and therefore better depilation methods for the buttocks.
Variant 1: shave the buttocks
If you like it quick and painless, it is best to choose shaving. With a steady hand, this is painless and usually works quickly and easily in the shower. The catch: Depending on hair growth, the first stubble can appear just a few hours later, which feels like sandpaper, especially in the sensitive intimate area. The next shave is due after a few days at the latest. In case you’re also interested: How to get rid of back hair.
How to shave your butt yourself?
Basically: Make sure to use a new, i.e. clean blade to reduce the risk of infection in case of a cut. The front part of the razor should be movable to better reach the already rather difficult to reach hairs in the pore. Have you got? Then you’re ready to go:
- Before it now goes to the butt hairs to the collar, you should wash thoroughly with warm water: This is a) more hygienic and b) softens the hairs, which makes them easier to clip.
- Be sure to use shaving foam or gel. The risk of cuts is otherwise simply too high.
- Start with the shaving of the buttocks. While you are at it, you can shave the coccyx at the same time.
- Then it’s serious: spread the buttocks with one hand. With the other hand you can carefully run the razor over the hairs in the buttocks with small strokes.
- Special care is required around the buttocks. Because the skin here is not smooth and therefore more susceptible to cuts.
We recommend this equipment for butt shaving:
Depilation method no. 2: waxing the buttocks
In terms of durability, waxing beats shaving: 3 to 4 weeks of rest you have afterwards. If you wax regularly, the hair will grow back more and more sparsely over time and at some point the hair root will stop producing hair altogether. Only one problem remains: waxing can hurt like hell, especially in this sensitive part of the body, and can quickly go to shit if you try it yourself. We have compiled the most embarrassing depilation accidents for men here.
How can I wax my butt hair myself?
Honestly: It’s best to go to a professional beauty salon – after all, the area is anything but easy to reach. If this is – understandably – unpleasant or simply too expensive for you, you can also use waxing strips from the drugstore. But then make sure that they are really suitable for use in the genital area. Secured? Then you’re ready to go:
- Prerequisite is that the hair on the butt is about half a centimeter long. Approximate value: As soon as the hair no longer sticks out, but lies on the skin, it can be removed with wax.
- Before you start, the skin should be clean and dry. You should also avoid using body lotion in the morning after showering.
- You do not have to avoid moles, but you do have to avoid pimples.
- Simply warm the wax strips between your hands, stick them to the skin in the direction of growth and smooth them out.
- Then you can immediately remove the strip against the direction of growth.
- If you didn’t get all the hairs the first time, you’ll have to do it a second time.
- Tip for the buttocks: Crouch down and put a hand mirror underneath you, so you can see what you are doing. Then with one hand spread the buttocks as far apart as possible. And with the other hand, stick the wax strips around the butt hole.
Fact is: a hair-free butt is trendy. Whether you also reach for the razor or waxing, however, is entirely up to you. Because depilation of the buttocks is like any other trend – whether you want to follow it is up to each individual.